Reasons apart I installed Chameleon and I kind of miss or dislike some things compared the original Samsung firmware:
- the ring and alarm tones that comes with Chameleon are not for my test. That is not nothing that Zedge could not fix.
- the alarm app requires more taps to configure.
- the message app uses white background. I like dark themes for oled screen devices (helps to save power).
- I also does not like the Google seach/voice incorporated into the homescreens so I installed Nova launcher instead since there is not way to disable that.
- Thanks for jazzk to add a option in Chameleon 3.0.2 to disable the crtoff effect. I really does not like it.
- I rather prefer the swype keyboard than the default Google's one. The Google one is not as accurate as swype and show less keys.
- it does not come with a note app by default. ColorNote Notepad Notes is a good one that I installed.
- for some reason I think my secreen's minimum brightness is now greater than Samsung's original firmware, that means the battery lasts less then it used to be. I have not measured that to confirm.
Now the things I like in the firmware:
- Fm radio support :-D .
- it is smooth and fast.
- I like the darker theme and icons compared to the original Samsung firmware.
- I like romcontrol feature to change and reorder launchers in notification area (it could have more options like powertoggles has though).
- the Samsung camera app is present in this rom. I am used to it so it is good that I do not need to learn how to use a different one.